Tuesday, March 4, 2008

MARCH Triangle Down


This month's SOTM was really fun for me. Triangle Down is a 8"x3.5" card that I changed to be 4"x6". It's just meater and "Happy Mother's Day" fit. I stamped the butterfly on vellum with Chocolate ink and heat embossed clear powder to keep the Chocolate showing. I then colored it with Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, and Twilight, cut it out and glued it onto the front. The flowers were stamped in Chocolate and colored with the three colors mentioned above again. The lighter shades of Buttercup (the medium sized flowers) was obtained by squeezing the ink pad and picking up the color with a blending pen (it may be difficult to see here, but trust me). I also employed this technique for the small flowers using Twilight (again trust me). The card was finished off with sponging Chocolate around the whole thing and each component. There are gold brads in the striped band to keep you eyes up high.
Products used:
Simple Beauty Stamp Set
Good Times Paper Packet
Chocolate, Buttercup, Twilight, Sweet Leaf Markers
Chocoltate, Buttercup, Twilight Ink Pads
Vellum Paper
Clear Embossing Powder and Craft Heater
Gold Brads
Sponge

No comments: