Sunday, March 23, 2008

Chalking Away


My favorite chalking technique utilizes our chalks (of course chalks) and VersaMark stamp pad. I stamp the image in the VersaMark pad and then use the chalks to color the image. As you can see, you are not limited to one color. For these two cards, I did everything the same but played with the way I chalked the words. The one on the left I chalked the whole word in the same color. I chalked "for" and "you" in sweet leaf to emphasis those words. The one on the right I chalked the words two toned, the top blue and the bottom green.
The flower on the white is also chalked. When you stamp the image, it will have a sheen to it so you can make out the image to know where to chalk. For the leaves, I first stamped and chalked the solid image, then I stamped and chalked the lined inner image. That method worked much better than stamping both images and then chalking the image (the inner line didn't show up).
The colors are Sweet Leaf (flower mat), Crystal Blue (card base and background stamped image), and Dutch Blue (strip). The matted flower image is raised on 3-D form and our antique copper brads are in each of the corners. The matted flower and strip cardstock are edge distressed. The stamp set I used is "Thoughts of You."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana, these are GREAT! I learn so much from your art.