Monday, March 31, 2008

December 2007 6"x6" Layout


This is one of my sample submissions for teaching at this year's convention. I submitted to teach Heat Embossing. So what's so special about this sample? Well, besides the subject matter, I made my own Sunny Yellow Accents. How I did that was by inking the accents with our VersaMark Ink Pad. Then I covered them with Sunny Yellow Embossing Powder and heated them (I used tweezers to hold the items still). The spiral clip had been Heavenly Blue, and I don't remember the color of the brads.

The next thing I did for this layout was sponge distress with the VersaMark Ink on the Star Spangled Blue and the Black cardstock. On the Star Spangled Blue, I used clear embossing powder while I used black on the black. Both added texture to the cardstock without adding color. Finally, I sponged the edges of the torn vellum mat, once again with VersaMark Ink, and used black embossing powder.
I think simple but not plain... :)
P.S. Oh yeah, and I did correct the date on the sample I sent in.

No comments: