Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Green for Patty's Day



I was inspired by Heather Plotzke's swap card. She used the hearts from the All My Love set. So, I used the same set but smaller hearts to create the clovers. I used a marker for the stems. The small clover is made from solid heart next to the "love you." I cut the heart away from the words.

The colors are Sweet Leaf and Ponderosa Pine on white cardstock. I wasn't sure which combination I'd like better, dark on light or light on dark, so I did both. Each presents itself differently. I also accented them slightly differently. On the dark background (right card) I sanded the Pine and added our new antique copper brads in the upper left corner. For the light card (left one) I added glitter to the inside of the shamrock. Both cards are Angle Over and measure 4.75" x 3." The dark background's tail is not tucked in to show off the full view.

No comments: