Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kissed Wrapped and Tied



This Wrapped and Tied (tm) 4.75"x3" card was really fun to make! I used the stamp sets Happy Birthday (words), Birthday Bash (balloon), and Spot on Backgrounds (background and kissed image on the balloon). The colors are Sping Iris, Lilac Mist, Vanilla Cream, and Desert Sand (on the balloon).

Kissing was achieved by stamping off the balloon in Spring Iris and then kissing the background stamp that had been inked with Desert Sand. Before I stamped the image on paper, I then rolled the balloon back in Spring Iris to get more color around the edges of the balloon. I stamped this twice, once on extra cardstock (to cut out image of balloon) and once on the matted cardstock. Next, I cut out the balloon and string. The balloon has 3-D foam to bring it out.

Finally, the card was finished off with natural hemp glued with liquid glass at the top of the Spring Iris background cardstock.

No comments: