Friday, February 29, 2008

"Watercolor" Pencil/Colored Pencils


I don't own the watercolor pencils so I used the coloring pencils instead. I first stamped the image in Archival Ink because I'd be going over the image with the blending pen and I didn't want the image to smear. I used the Primary and Pastel sets and I used the blending pen. I learned many years ago at convention to pick 3 colors within the same family. The lightest shade is the base coat, a little darker goes on next and covers the majority of the base coat. The darkest coat adds the shading for the image. In my sample, I colored in small swirls throughout each layer. After I was happy with the shading, I used the blending pen to go over the image, smoothing out and further blending the pencil marks. I think the same procedure could be used for the watercolor pencils.
Also to note: I added a Baby Pink spiral clip to the card. I don't own the Baby Pink Accents so I made this one using VersaMark ink and Baby Pink Embossing Powder (one of my embossing tricks I submitted).
Enjoy this 8"x3.5" Puzzle Backround card!

No comments: