Saturday, May 31, 2008

Firecracker Template



I drew up this design on paper, transferred it to chipboard (to save for the future), and then traced it to cardstocks. I used Outdoor Denim CS as the base, Honey, Orange, and Cranberry markers for the sparks, Natural Hemp for the wick, and glitter for the center. I then used Playful Flourishes and White Daisy on the base of the firecracker. Nice and simple. The firecracker is about 6" x 3".

I used the same template as above but stepped it up. The finished card is 5"x7" and the firecracker opens. The flame is the same, blending pen with Honey, Orange, and Cranberry Markers on Honey Textured CS. I then crinkled some velum paper and colored that with Cranberry and Orange marker. I topped that off with some glitter. The Cranberry and White Daisy strips are sanded, as is the Outdoor Denim CS base. Natural Hemp tied around the base with a Clear Inspiration Dangle hanging from the hemp. The base of the card is Outdoor Denim, White Daisy, and Cranberry CS. The Cranberry was stamped with It's A Party and Cranberry, Outdoor Denim, White Daisy, and Honey (difficult to see) Ink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always Dana!